SOUTH KOREA (OCT 2017)
- Area: est 100,210 square kilometer.
- Population: est 51,446,201 (2017 Wikipedia).
- Currency: South Korean Won (KRW).
- BBQ lunch upon arrival in Incheon International Airport.
- Meat was tender and favourful but a little too fatty.
FOUR SEASON FARM, YONGIN:
- Located in Yongin.
JEONJU HANOK VILLAGE:
- Estimated 800 Korean traditional houses called “Hanok” within the village.
- Designated as an International Slow City in 2010.
- Ranked 4th major tourist cities after Seoul, Jeju and Busan in South Korea.
JJANGTTUNGEODARI BRIDGE, JEUNGDO ISLAND:
- Named after the many mud skippers jumping around the bridge.
- South Korea’s first constructed wooden bridge.
- Built above 470 meter from mud flat.
- During low tide, mudskippers, crabs, clams and lug worms can be seen on the vast mud flat.
TAEPYEONG SALT FARM, JEUNGDO ISLAND:
- Taepyeong Salt Fram is the largest sun-dried salt producer in South Korea.
- Jeungdo Island produces about 70 percent of salt distributed in the country.
SALT CAVE HEALING CENTER:
- Unique cavern spa covered entirely with salt.
- Controlled temperature to heat up the cave causing negatively charged salt ions to airborne for inhalation, which is believed to clear lung and purify skin.
JUKNOKWON BAMBOO GARDEN, DAMYANG:
- Seonginsan Mountain located behind Damyang Hyanggyo (Confucian school) was transformed into Juknokwon Bamboo Garden.
- The garden features a beautiful artificial waterfall, traditional pavilion, bamboo lined walking paths and an eco-exhibition center.
NAEJANGSAN NATIONAL PARK:
- Area: 81.45 square kilometer.
- Established: 17 November 1971.
- Location: Provinces of Jeollabuk-do and Jeollanam-do.
- Named after Mount Naejangsan standing at 763 meter (2503 feet).
- Formerly known as Pusan.
- Population: est 3,525,913 (Wikipedia, 31 October 2014).
- Area: est 767.35 square kilometer.
- Busan became a Metropolitan City in 1995.
- Lowest Temperature: -14 degree Celsius (13 January 1915).
- Highest temperature: 37.3 degree Celsius (14 August 2016).
LOTTE PREMIUM OUTLET, BUSAN:
- Estimated 180 outlet stores.
HAEDONG YONGGUNGSA TEMPLE, BUSAN:
- Built in 1376 by the teacher known as Naong.
- Destroyed during the Japanese invasions of Korea (1592-1598).
- Rebuilt on the 1930s.
ORYUDO SKY WALK, BUSAN:
- Completed on 12 September 2012 and opened on 18 Octorber 2013.
- Iron columns built over a 35 meter high coastal cliff with a 15 meter glass bridge producing four attached 12 millimeter glass coated with bulletproof firm (total thickness 55.49 millimeters).
- Visitors will be able to view the waves through the transparent floor.
- Natural park with magnificent cliffs facing the open sea.
- Home to an observatory, an amusement park, a light house, a cruise ship terminal.
GAMCHEON CULTURAL VILLAGE, BUSAN:
- The village is formed by brightly painted houses on steep streets and twisting alleys along the foothills of a coastal mountain.
- Nickname “Machu Picchu of Busan”.
- Restoration and enhancement made in recent years has trigger tourism attraction.
JAGALCHI FISH MARKET, BUSAN:
- Located on the edge of Nampo Port.
- Largest fish market in South Korea.